Sunday, February 20, 2011

Why Does My Pinky Toe Hurt

they say if i keep on watching those violent movies, a might turn out to be a criminal one day

A few hours ago I came back from his grandmother. We played cards for three, went on trips and talk about politics. The grandfather is a heap of misery, has the last two weeks, the pain refused to leave the house. We took him between us and dragged him for coffee. A piece of strawberry cake, he has got, but now the taste yet, he says, strawberries can be eaten only if it is precisely the time for it. When the others are away, he shows me where it is bleeding, his skin is constantly sore that it hurts to breathe still. The grandmother is more relaxed than they were a couple of weeks around him and takes care of his every move. Some Days, she says, is he not, in others it has already attracted the pants alone when I come.

the day before I drove off, I met C of Greifswald, which I had for five / six years (yes, I believe, something like that) not seen. She fell immediately out of the myth of Greifswald, which had hardened with me over the years of absence and has become a geographical embodiment of a standstill. Of course, to move the things we do not monitor, never. At least not in our head. It was always
ambbivalente memories of this city. On the one hand, it was a formative time of music, in the many good things happened, on the other hand, I am with the feeling the run away and then looked back with a hard gaze, which should kill the ghosts.

We were with a boy of that time at an art opening and met by chance another Greifswald Erin. She worked there came up to us, did advertising and we were talking at breakneck speed put us finally on the move between the images through and gasping for champagne glasses in passing. Every two, for the others who had already some, but does not matter. The program was constantly interrupted by friends of hers, whom she kissed the cheeks, walked away and waved, holding her fingers to his ear to say: we call! She talked with the typical Livened nature, bring with them such jobs. Her gaze sweeps the room, the back there is an actor? I think so, not have to watch, I know the face, one day there was my intern, now he has his own gallery next door. The student comes to us, one of those very large, always smiling, handsome men, whose remarks are too smooth, as if that will take them seriously. When asked about his success, he says: It has character and therefore it is still employed. I however have none. This is the reason. I am a boot-licker.

When they sheer excited feelings or the champagne poured into the cut, I went back to the other two and we were sitting on stairs and turned cold cigarettes as before. I remembered the nights in front of Pari with all the wine bottles, the dark-red mouths and rushing faces. Always has been hoped to anyone in particular, only in the evenings quite desperate, because you have been happy about anyone who could sit next to you. I liked those lost in my youth always very happy that you did not know exactly where to sleep, in this city, to the full with the first train back, that was allowed to take driving and always the bottle in his hand and a few Insults on the tongue.

Now suddenly everything is very orderly. Before a trip, a hotel room is booked, the drinks are purchased locally and anyway everything is in perfect safety. In the taxi I think: The life of a cowboy looks different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment